A man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking for saving his life.

Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother’s vacant cottage in Wilmot on 1 May¬†when he saw something suspicious and went inside.

He tells WMUR-TV when he switched on a light, the house exploded into flames.

Beaucher’s face and hands were badly burned. He grabbed his cellphone, but was unable to dial due to his injuries. He says he somehow asked his voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

Photos taken on iPhone Photos taken on iPhone

Beaucher is still undergoing treatment for his injuries, but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.

Authorities are still investigating the explosion.

Copyright Associated Press


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here